The Three Horsehoes
Said to have been established c 1793 and closed in 1969.
- 1881 - George & Emily FLACK
- 1891 Public house and 7 cottages included in the sale of the estate
- 1930 Miss M NORDEN
- 1937 William STRINGER
The sale catalogue 1891 described the Three Horseshoes as follows:
Consists of a Plaster and thatched building containing Living Room, Parlour, Shop, Taproom, Kitchen, Large Beer Cellar, Scullery and Pantry, and 4 Bedrooms together with Timber and thatched stable, Piggeries, Cowhouse and Cartshed let to Messrs. Taylor, Brewers, Saffron Walden, together with Lot 10 at the yearly rental of £30 0s 0d. the appoirtioned rent on the Public House for the purpose of this Sale being £25 0s 0s.
The photo shows the Three Horsehoes as it is now as a private dwelling.
The Holly Tree INN
- 1930-37 Herbert GORDON
The Chequers Inn
Recorded from 1841 - 1910
- 1881 Charles and Sarah ATHERTON and 5 chn, and Catherine BOWERS
Street - Beer House
- 1881 John A and Mary LING
- 1912 Charles AGER - beer retailer