Shudy Camps

 

Inns

The Three Horsehoes

Three HorseshoesSaid to have been established c 1793 and closed in 1969.

The sale catalogue 1891 described the Three Horseshoes as follows:

Consists of a Plaster and thatched building containing Living Room, Parlour, Shop, Taproom, Kitchen, Large Beer Cellar, Scullery and Pantry, and 4 Bedrooms together with Timber and thatched stable, Piggeries, Cowhouse and Cartshed let to Messrs. Taylor, Brewers, Saffron Walden, together with Lot 10 at the yearly rental of £30 0s 0d. the appoirtioned rent on the Public House for the purpose of this Sale being £25 0s 0s.

The photo shows the Three Horsehoes as it is now as a private dwelling.

The Holly Tree INN

The Chequers Inn

Recorded from 1841 - 1910

Street - Beer House