Sarah and William Gibbs
Sarah Rooks was the third child of Abraham
and Fanny and was born on Wednesday 20 June 1821 at Camps Endway where
her father was a labourer, and was baptised when just over 1 month old
on 5 August. It seems that she may have been named for her father's sister
On 26 June 1841, when aged 20, her son Robert was baptised. He is listed as being the son of Sarah, Camps Endway.
In 1844, on Saturday 28 December she married William GIBBS, the son of John & Jemima. She was 23, and he about 26. They had a large family as follows:
- Thomas Gibbs baptised 8 June 1845, married Phoebe CARLTON in 1871 and had at least one child, William John (1872).
- Francis GIBBS baptised 13 August 1848.
- Eliza GIBBS baptised 25 December 1851, married Amos FREE in 1871 and had known children Emma, Lizzie, Frank, Ellen and Jael.
- John Gibbs baptised 2 August 1856.
- Alice Gibbs baptised 5 February 1856 married William RUSHFORTH in 1881.
- Annette Gibbs baptised 17 July 1860 and was buried 22 March 1911.
- Fanny Gibbs baptised 25 August 1867, married Charles James PARKIN in 1889.
- Betsy Jael Gibbs baptised 12 January 1868, married Joseph COWLING in 1883.
- Janetta Gibbs baptised 2 Aug 1868 married John WENHAM.
William Gibbs died before 1881 and Sarah died aged 77 on 5 January 1899 in Castle Camps where she had lived all her life.
Parents: Abraham & Fanny