Jacob and Sarah Rooks
Jacob Rooks, baptised in Castle Camps on 9th June 1833 was the 9th child and fifth son of Abraham and Fanny. In the 1851 census he is listed as living at Castle Farm as an employee of Thomas Symons, a farmer of 283 acres and working as a labourer aged 18. A few years later on Christmas Day 1856 when aged 23 he married Sarah Ann RAWLINGSON, the eldest child of Aaron and Mary. She had been baptised 10 January 1836 in Shudy Camps.
The family emigrated to Australia on the "Grand Trianon" in 1857 bound for a new life, and all of their 11 children were born in Australia.
- Betsey Rooks born at Moonie Ponds in 1858 and died in 1859 in Tul.
- Elizabeth Ann Rooks, born in 1859 at Moonie Ponds, and married George DAWSON in 1881.
- Emily Jane ROOKS born 1861 in Broadmeadows Victoria and died in 1939 in Kyneton. She married Alfred Ernest MUDFORD in 1885 and had 9 children.
- James William (aka Henry) Rooks born in 1863 in Malmsbury and died 18 Oct 1939 in Mooroopna. He married Elizabeth STEEN 15 September 1886 and had 4 children.
- Frances ROOKS, born and died in 1865 in Malmsbury.
- Sarah Ann ROOKS born in 1866 in Malmsbury, married Irishman Samuel WILSON in 1886 and had 2 children.
- Eliza ROOKS, born and died in 1869, Malmsbury.
- Jacob Thornton ROOKS born in 1870 in Burke, married Delia BRAINE and had 2 children. He died 25 June 1947 in Glenlyon.
- Harriet ROOKS born in 1873 in Glenlyon and died in 1946 in Kyneton. She married Donald Clark in 1891 and had 4 children.
- Susan Rooks, born and died in Glenhope in 1877.
- Mary Jane ROOKS married Phillip McCLELLAND in 1900 and had 1 son. She died in 1950.
Jacob and Sarah were married for 53 years before she died at the age of 74 on 18 July 1910. Jacob died in 1917 aged about 84.
Parents: Abraham & Fanny