Henry FREEMAN baptised 30th July 1785 in Castle Camps married Charlotte BARKER on 3rd Dcember 1811 in Shudy Camps. He farmed at Shudy Camps and died November 11th 1855 at Shudy Camps. He is buried in St Mary's churchyard together with his wife Charlotte and two of their grandchildren.Charlotte died March 7th 1856. They had three children.
- John baptised 13th December 1812
- Sophia baptised 23rd February 1817
- William baptised 3rd April 1825
John married Sophy FREE of Castle Camps
on 2nd January 1836 in Castle Camps. He became the village blacksmith
at The Green, Castle Camps.
They had six children.
- Amy baptised 16th July 1837
- Charles baptised 8th December 1839 (died aged 2 years )
- Charles baptised 11th May 1845
- George born 1847
- Eliza born 1850
- Alfred born 24th February 1857
Alfred married Mary POTTER of Castle Camps
in Leicester on June 16th 1877 when they were both 20 years old. Why they
moved to Leicester is a mystery.
They had four children who all stayed in the Leicester area and had families
- Charles Henry born 1879 in Leicester.
- Annie Eliza born 10th February 1881 in Leicester.
- Violetta Blanche born 1st February 1888 in Leicester.
- Amy Constance Louise born 11th June 1892 in Leicester.
William FREEMAN took over the farm from his father. He married (wife's name not known at present) and had at least ten children.
- Harry born 1857 (died 1860)
- Frederick born 1859
- Henry born 1860 (died 1860)
- Harry born 1861
- William born 1863
- Kate born 1865
- Frank born 1867
- Caroline born 1869
- Dick born 1873
- Gerald born 1878
In the 1901 census,Harry was a licensed victualler at Birchanger.
Caroline had moved to Hackney and married Ernest Young.
Dick was single and living with Caroline and her family.
Gerald had moved to Wood Green ,London and married Rose Davis.
William carried on farming and the family eventually moved to Hill Farm at Hempstead where they lived in 1901.
To hear more about this family please contact Stuart Brown who has kindly provided the information above.