The small Cambridgeshire village of Castle Camps and the surrounding villages of Shudy Camps, Bartlow, Horseheath and West Wickham have special significance because our forefathers lived there.
These pages provide historical information about the area and links to family and area histories.
Details of the parish registers - descriptions from the Cambridge Record Office
- Please visit Alan's wonderful slideshow of old Castle Camps photos on the Haverhill history web site
- I am rewriting this website (slowly) so please bear with me as I redo and add the pages.
- We now have a Facebook group named Castle Camps and Shudy Camps History- share your photos and visit memories. There are a number of newspaper articles posted on the FB page not on this website.
- Lookups of the Congregational Church registers - email me
- I am happy to do lookups upon request. Please email me with as much information as possible to enable me to look for the correct person.
- Castle Camps and Bartlow have their own village websites. Follow the links to see what happens in the villages today. My special thanks to Alan Hardy of Castle Camps and Greg Wallis in Australia for their support and generosity in sharing photos.